As you can see from the changelog
, Hubzilla has gone through a very busy development cycle. To simplify the settings and improve the general UX, we have re-organised the entire apps and settings infrastructure.
Some features from the "Additional Features" section have been transformed to stand-alone apps and will need to be installed by the channel owner. Other features have been moved to the per app settings pages which are now easily accessible from the navigation bar or the app store.
Some addons have already been ported to the new apps infrastructure. This work is ongoing and will be completed during the next development cycle.Other notable changes:
- Remove tech-levels
- Markdown table support
- New addon (channelreputation) which provides a reputation system for community channels
- Implement a subscriptions submodule for the cart addon
- New addon (hsse) that implements a WYSIWYG editor
- Experimental queue worker improvements (off by default)
- Many under the hood improvements and bugfixes
As always, a big THANK YOU!
to the translators and everybody who is helping to improve Hubzilla.Howto upgrade:
Due to some profound changes to the addons it is necessary to follow this update procedure:
util/safemode on this will disable all enabled addons
util/udall the actual update which executes git pull for core and addon repos
util/safemode off this enables the previously disabled addons again
- Install the upgrade info addon (optional) - this will show some info about the upgrade to your community members
In case you attended the RC testing, remember to
git checkout master
your core, addon and widget repositories prior to the upgrade.
During the next development cycle we will start implementing the new version of the zot protocol (zot6) which already powers Hubzillas social network oriented sibling Osada
If you like what we do, please consider to support this project: #^https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/hubzilla
Get it while it's hot!#^https://framagit.org/hubzilla
!Hubzilla Support Forum